Last night/Early this morning I was woken up by Mike having – a bit of a freak out. A well deserved freak out. We went to my parents last night and the dogs got into the pantry and found… chocolate chips and before you ask – no we didn’t rush them into the vet . Why? Because it’s expensive and as much as I love my dog(s) we don’t have an emergency fund for times like these. However I did assess the amount eaten/their body weight and paid close attention to their actions making sure they didn’t;
- Drink excessively
- continuously pant
- have chocolate brown liquid oozing from their nose
Luckily they had seemed fine and I thought for a moment that they were probably going to puke. But they didn’t and we went to bed. Well… then they did. Of course I’ve saved you all from the horror and disgusting truth of what we woke up to. But let me assure you it was gross. Very Gross.
Then Lexxi started to obviously feel better. She was begging for my breakfast, fighting with Baxter. So I went for groceries. Now she’s a beautiful Dog, I love her but when I came back. She was soaked. To the bone.
Let me just help you all along with a visual. I left her in the backyard, our small, dry fenced in backyard. So I opened the gate and there she was muddy and wet.
We have a pond. She jumped in it for a swim. What a turd. Lets hope she didn’t tear the liner. Guess we will be fencing that in.
Love her. But what a turd.